Got plans for Super Bowl 50? You may have already heard the buzz about the upcoming game. On Sunday evening, tens of millions will be glued to the tube as the Broncos and the Panthers face off in Santa Clara. Whether you’re hosting a big tailgating shindig or you’re just cozied up on the couch, the biggest game of the season is an exciting event for pigskin fanatics and snack food aficionados alike.
Not a football fan yourself? Never fear—there are plenty of equally “super” activities you can do. For those who need some inspiration, here are 12 ways you can get your game on:
- Get crafty. Challenge the kids to create a football-themed Valentine for Dad, or de-stress with the latest craze – adult coloring books!
- Bake a batch of extra chewy chocolate chip cookies for this week’s lunch. Your kids or partner will love you for it.
- Run your own Super Bowl pool scoring the cutest commercials of the night. Extra points for anything with puppies or babies.
- Indulge. (That’s right, we’re talking dark chocolate and red wine. Treat yourself!)
- Give yourself a manicure. And pedicure. And maybe a facial while you’re at it (the game goes on for hours – you’ve got the time!).
- Purge your clutter. Clean out your closets and make some extra cash.
- Take a long, luxurious bubble bath!
- Curl up with a cup of coffee (or tea, if that’s your preference) and your favorite book. This is a great excuse to catch up on your reading.
- Get your own blood pumping (no need to be a star athlete) and go for a run.
- Call your mom for a gab session.
- Shop! Find great deals on stuff you love.
- Surprise your guy by sitting through the game and supporting his favorite team. There’s nothing like a big showdown to make you feel invested in a sport. By the end of the game, you might turn into a diehard fan!
Turn that football frown upside down. Super Bowl Sunday doesn’t need to be a dreary day for non-football fans. Simply follow these tips to guarantee some game time fun.
How are you celebrating this Super Bowl Sunday? Tell us in the comments below.